This winter we’ve fallen in love with Robert and Christina of New Darlings. The trend-setting husband and wife Instagram duo, and Aveda Partners, recently took a trip to Aveda Salon Juut SalonSpa in Scottsdale, Arizona to enjoy their own Aveda experiences. Aveda Artists used Aveda Men Pure-Formance™ to further enhance Robert’s cool style, while Christina received this effortless low bun, which we love! We’re seeing this as the ideal updo for all weddings and special occasions of 2017!
We spoke with Aveda Artist Molly Haeg who created this pretty style for Christina, and she shared with us the steps to achieving this look:
1. Prep hair with Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion for texture and grip.
2. Using a 1 1/2″ curling wand, take one section to begin curling hair away from the face. Take the next section and curl toward the face – switching the direction with each piece. Let curls cool before loosely brushing them for added texture.
3. Gently backcomb the top of the hair to add height and volume at the crown. Then smooth out with a round brush and a few spritz of Air Control™ Light Hold Hair Spray.
4. Secure hair in a side ponytail – be sure the base is not too tight, but also not too loose.
5. Section by section, begin creating loops with the hair rolling from the bottom of the ponytail up to the base, securing each section with a bobby pin. Do this to all hair until you have a complete updo.
DO YOU LOVE THIS UPDO?
Share it with your friends using the hashtags #LivingAveda and #StyledByAveda
NEW DARLINGS' MUST-HAVES