At Aveda, we stand behind our commitment to make cruelty-free products! Aveda products are not tested on animals. To celebrate our stance, we’ve partnered with PETA to bring you some fun, festival-inspired looks that can be created using cruelty-free Aveda products:
Look #1: Get beach ready with the double braided bun
1. Puff Shampure™ Dry Shampoo onto the root area and work into the scalp using your fingers or an Aveda Paddle Brush.
2. Center part your hair from hairline to crown.
3. Create two dutch braids (an inside out French braid) on both sides of the part. Keep braiding so that the two French braids come together to form one regular three-strand braid down the back of the head. Gather ends into an elastic.
4. Now wrap the large braid into a bun atop your head and hold in place with bobby pins.
5. Knead the bun gently with your fingers to loosen it up a bit (creating a messy effect).
6. Spray a light mist of Shampure™ Thermal Dry Conditioner into the mid-lengths and ends of hair.
Look #2: Get workout ready with the sectioned ponytail
1. Separate the top quarter of your hair into a high ponytail and puff Shampure™ Dry Shampoo.
2. Secure that section of hair with an elastic, and then wrap a piece of hair from the tail around the elastic and pin in place.
3. Gather the ends of the first ponytail and the hair just below the elastic into another elastic. After creating the second ponytail, loosen the hair from the top pony to create a bit of lift (almost a bubble) with your fingers. Then wrap another strand of hair around the second elastic.
4. Create one more section as you did in step 3.
5. Repeat the process one more time.
6. Spray on Air Control™ Light Hold Hair Spray to give your look some hold.
Look #3: Get festival ready with the braided ponytail
1. Puff Shampure™ Dry Shampoo onto your roots and work into your scalp using your fingers.
2. Clip hair out of your way by creating a horseshoe-shaped section on the top of the head. Hold this section with a clip or wrap into a bun to get it out of your way.
3. Create a French braid at the side of the head that extends into a normal three-strand braid at the back of the head. Secure end with an elastic.
4. With a small section of hair from the head, create a thin three-strand braid and secure with an elastic.
5. Unclip the top section, create a ponytail. Use an elastic to hold everything together, leaving out the thin three-strand braid at the back.
6. Take that braid and wrap it around the ponytail to hide the elastic band. Secure it with a bobby pin.
7. Hold hair in place with a mist of Air Control™ Light Hold Hair Spray.
ARE YOU LOVING THESE LOOKS THAT LAST?
YOUR STYLING MUST-HAVES